Acne is a skin condition that is caused when the sebaceous gland gets blocked with facial oil and dead skin cells. Mainly individuals who have oily skin suffer from this skin condition but it can also be seen in people having dry, combination, or normal skin.
Dermatologist in West Island believes that some of the symptoms of acne range from blackheads to discharge-filled pimples that appear like large or small red bumps which are extremely tender and prone to get punctured. Acne also causes pain around the area of the bump and thus can be extremely uncomfortable for the one suffering from it.
The underlying causes behind the formation of acne cannot be pinpointed, but there are some factors that collectively result in causing it. Increased levels of testosterone hormone are said to be one of the triggers of acne in teenagers. The sebaceous glands that get clogged by facial oil are particularly sensitive to this hormone. It is medically assumed that increased levels of testosterone cause these glands to produce much more sebum than the skin needs.
Acne can also be caused due to genetic reasons meaning an individual is more likely to get acne-prone skin if their parents or anyone else in their family have acne-prone skin. Acne in women can also be caused by hormonal changes in their bodies due to their menstrual cycle, pregnancy, or due to the condition of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
Remedies to get rid of the acne scar
Even though acne goes away after a point of time meaning the redness and the pain go away after some days, it still leaves a forever mark on the face. It is close to impossible to remove these marks through home remedies, there are other ways that can help in the process of removal, and some of them are
- Soft tissue fillers – The goal is to make the scars less noticeable, by injecting collagen, fat, or a filler which is an inactive substance directly into acne scars with a very small needle to temporarily plump and smooth the marks, improving the overall skin’s appearance. This treatment is relatively inexpensive than other permanent solutions. The effects of soft-tissue fillers last from six months to two years, depending on the filler and the type of procedure that is done. Besides, this span can be increased with proper maintenance, thus they can achieve the best results from the treatments. Results are temporary, so repeat treatments are needed to retain the effect.
- Dermabrasion – Dermabrasion is a process of surgical skin planing that works towards removing the superficial layers of skin with the rapid use of abrasive tools. The tool that the doctor uses is a hand-held instrument called a dermatome. The dermatome resembles an electric razor, which has an oscillating blade that moves back and forth to evenly skim off the surface layers of skin that have acne scars or any other facial marks.
- Laser acne removal – Laser acne removal works efficiently in eliminating scars and pigmentation which are caused by acne. In this procedure, the laser light penetrates the uppermost layer of the skin and reaches the dermis, the layer of the skin where the scars and pigmentation are located. The laser light heats the areas having acne scars, and removes spots of overproduced collagen while encouraging new collagen growth, ultimately promoting overall healing. This treatment is focused on the scars and does not affect the surrounding skin; it is a quick solution and gives you smoother, gorgeous skin. Laser treatment is a painless non-invasive method that gives better and more permanent results after the surgery. After the treatment, the skin is smoother, clearer, and more even in texture.
- Skin needling – Skin needling is one of the most common forms of treatment for removing acne scarring.In this procedure, the doctor rolls a device that is studded with needles over the skin to stimulate collagen formation in the underlying tissue. It’s a safe, simple, and possibly effective technique for acne scarring. Though the results are subtle, and you may need repeat treatments, it has minimal risk of discoloring the skin.
- Botox – Injecting Botox relaxes the surrounding skin around the acne scar that has puckered, which may improve the appearance of an acne scar. Though the results of this treatment are temporary, there are no long-term or life-threatening adverse effects related to the surgery. Moreover, the risk of possible complications can be reduced by means of a thorough analysis of the patient’s medical history and the use of the appropriate dose and technique for the injection.
Aftercare of the acne scar removal
It is extremely important to take proper care after any of the above-mentioned acne scar removal treatments as it helps in the healing process and ultimately results in giving better results. Some of the steps that should be undertaken by a patient after scar removal surgery are:
- Taking proper medications
- Avoiding picking the surgical area after the treatment.
- Following a proper skincare routine.
- Always applying sunscreen.
- Keeping the skin clean and moisturized at all times.
Acne issues are extremely common among individuals around the world, mainly between the years of teenage to young adulthood. Although the issue of having acne goes away after some years, it still scars on the skin that permanently changes the appearance of an individual. That’s where acne scar removal treatment comes into the picture to solve the issue of permanent scarring. Dermatologists in West Island recommend many cosmetic and surgical ways that work efficiently in removing the scars that are created by acne. These treatments and their aftercare result in permanently removing the scars and leaving the individuals or the patients with smooth skin.
Apart from this, if you are interested to know more about Shopify vs. WordPress then visit our Technology category.