Recovery is not a quick process those undergoing series addiction takes a long period of time to get back to a decent and sober life. A long, detailed process can be defined as recovery.
It is confidential, tough, and challenging.The withdrawal symptoms for a few days are very severe, often resulting in the addict running away or giving up. However, once the person overcomes the beginning they can survive the recovery sessions coming out stronger than before to live a healthy sober life back again.
Family and close ones often play a major role in helping them cope with the phase of recovery.
Recovery in not depended on the type of rehab center since it would be as challenging as in luxury rehabs in ca as it would be in a standard rehab center.
Major recovery stages
Detox is the basis of the treatment that also can be defined as the toughest. Detox is a procedure when the toxins are removed from body.
The various ways in which detox takes place are–
- Detox diet- contents including minerals and vitamins
- Therapy sessions
- Regular medication
- Allotted time for yoga and meditation
Detox is a powerful treatment associated with positive outcomes that can be defined as early phase of absenteeism from alcohol.
Let us look at the side effects while detox takes place-
- Anxiety issues
- Extremely high fever
- Nausea and vomiting
- Severe mood swings
- Sudden attacks
- Restlessness and hallucinations
- Frequent triggers that can lead to relapse
- Interdependence on your close ones.
This stage is regarded as the most important, as the addiction doctor trains the patient with their coping skills so that they can live a sober life.
The lessons one learns during this stage of the recovery help to them to stay throughout with a motive of improving the life that they had destroyed in the past few months.
The Recovery is not an easy one or two day process but a long process that requires strength to cope with the struggle, pain, and emotional illness so that they can achieve a life long sobriety.
The determination to be normal again and live a life that is focused on a goal and is not aimless.
The second stage is after 90 days of detox or absenteeism of alcohol, that comes maintaining the absenteeism and implying on things that have been learned during the detox treatment.
This can be defined as a follow-up rehab program and can be proved as a success only when the person is able to imply things learned during the first stage and at the same time move closer towards the process of recovery.
The maintaining abesentinsm or the second stage can be simply seen as a testing stage about what have you learned and how much are they succeeding in applying it.
7 stages of recovery
The main aim of the stage is to ensure that there are no chances of relapse and there is no existence of warning signs that could lead to a relapse.
Alcohol treatment is a life long recovery and a challenge of every day to avoid the peer pressure and the temptation.
It is important to have the zeal to and motivation to change their behavior by learning new skills and improving oneself to succeed in the long run.
There are a few more stages piled up before and after these two, but these two are the most crucial that the patient and the family must be aware of. Let us list out the major 7 stages of recovery.
- Identifying you have acquired addiction-When the addict hits the bottom feeling vulnerable, miserable, and entirely hopeless,.
- An urgent need for assistance is when someone is aware of their need to do something to receive assistance and resume their normal lives.
- Identifying the suitable rehab– on the basis of the treatment that can perfectly help to get the patient to recover.
- Detox treatment takes place with thin the rehabilitation centre. Alcohol and drug abuse-related physical and psychological problems start to be addressed and improved.
- Therapy sessions take place at regular intervals.
- In managing Absenteeism of alcohol’ one tries to self control and self love to reduce the chance of relapse.
- Sessions of ongoing group therapy are held to help addicts discover a new way of life.