QuickBooks is the solution if you’re seeking for powerful software to assist you with bookkeeping, accounting, monitoring transactions, and keeping financial records. It is a popular accounting program that is used for many different financial duties. Despite having a strong technological foundation, it occasionally makes specific mistakes. There are a variety of causes for QuickBooks error 6138 105, which we shall examine in the blog below. In order to quickly resolve this mistake, we have also enlisted several reliable, efficient, and painless troubleshooting techniques.
The root causes of QuickBooks error 6138 105
You’ll gain a wider perspective through assessing and evaluating errors. Additionally, it will help you identify the best solution for resolving QuickBooks problem number 6138 105 right away.
- It was improper to host or set up the QuickBooks company file or the QuickBooks program.
- It’s possible that the QB application lacks specific administrative rights.
- You can encounter error 6138 105 in QuickBooks if you haven’t kept the company file on local storage.
- If you haven’t updated your copy of QuickBooks to the most recent version available, it won’t work with the system.
- Your system’s security apps may not be configured correctly if they are preventing access to the corporate file.
- The error may have been caused by the admission of harmful components like viruses or malware.
- Sometimes QuickBooks desktop error 6138 105 results from erratic Internet connectivity. Make sure your Internet connection is strong and that Windows and QuickBooks are up to date.
Wan to recover your lost or damaged data, get our QuickBooks Data Services
Answers to the QuickBooks error 6138 105
Eradication is considerably simpler and quicker because people are well informed of the reasons for the issue. We have expanded on a few doable actions that will help you solve the issue quickly. You can choose whichever of the three solutions we’ve described best suits you. Implement the procedures shown below to continue troubleshooting.
Solution 1: Adjust the system’s hosting settings
The hosting in the application’s configuration may occasionally end up being the cause of several difficulties once QuickBooks software has not been installed properly. Additionally, while debugging, make sure QuickBooks is running as an administrator and that there is only one server hosting the company file. By using the procedures listed below, we can resolve this problem.
- Launch the QuickBooks application on the server system, then select the file menu and then the utilities.
- You should now select the option labeled “Host Multi-User Access.”
- Skip any options that indicate “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” if you see them.
- Go to the “QBDT” and select the “File” option on other workstations.
- Select “Utilities” under that, then scroll through the choices until you find “host-multi user access.”
- The “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” option must be selected.
- Finally, restart the computer to end QuickBooks Error 6138.
Use the QuickBooks File Doctor as a second option.
An automatic solution called QuickBooks File Doctor assists users in getting rid of issues like the QuickBooks error number 6138 105. Minor network or enterprise file faults can be fixed by using this program. The procedures below should be followed in order to install and use the tool.
- The QuickBooks File Doctor can be downloaded from the official website, which is called “Intuit.”
- The downloaded file must be saved in a location that is simple to access.
- You must agree to all of the terms and conditions before you can use the tool, and then you must set up the tool according to the directions in the dialogue box that will show on your screen.
- You may be requested to provide the admin credentials when you launch the utility and find the data file.
- To have the tool automatically fix the mistake, provide specific credentials.
- Wait for the eradication procedure to be finished before restarting the system to see whether the error has been fixed or not.
Migrate your company file from QB desktop to online, get our QuickBooks Data migration services
Solution 3: Change the names of the QuickBooks-related files.
The QuickBooks error code 6138 105 can result from even a minor configuration issue. The wrong name given to the files can seriously cause a bug. We shall rename the files’ settings in order to successfully fix the mistake; to do this, we will adhere to the guidelines provided below.
- You may access the start menu by clicking the Windows icon on your home screen.
- Do a search for “File Explorer” in the search box.
- This requires you to choose the folder containing the company file.
- The names of the network data file and the transaction log files are as follows:
(company file.qbw.nd) \s(company file.qbw.tlg)
- Put ‘.old’ extensions at the end of the file names to do the renaming.
- The file names will now all be the same and will be as follows:
(company file.qbw.nd.old) \s(company file.qbw.tlg.old)
- The other files can likewise be renamed in a manner akin to that.
- Finally, log in to the corporate file by providing the login information and relaunching the program.
- An error-free new version of the files will be produced by the renaming procedure.