Glass is one of the most versatile, oldest and fascinating materials in the construction industry. They are used in different ways in commercial buildings. One of the most modern materials used in the construction industry is glass. They are aesthetically appealing and have many benefits. However, it also requires proper maintenance. When glass is used in the building, building glass repair becomes necessity.
Advantages of Using Glass in The Buildings
The property of the material makes it perfect for structural use. Let us throw some light on the properties of Glass.
- Transparency: Transparency allows visual connection from the outside world. However, the transparency can be altered, by adding admixtures in the initial batch and can be made opaque, through the advent of technology.
- U Value: The U value is used to measure the amount of heat transferred in the building. The lower the value of U, the better the insulation of the glass. This makes glass a better option for keeping the heat and the cold from the building.
- Strength: Glass is known to be a brittle material however using certain laminates and admixtures, its resistivity of deformation can be increased.
- Recyclable: Glass is a fully recyclable material which means even if the glass gazing panel is shattered into pieces, it can be re-melted and reshaped.
- Energy efficiency and acoustic control: Since using glass helps in letting the outside light enter the building, which implies that using natural light decreases the cost of electricity and increases energy efficiency. The gazing is used to prevent heat from escaping through the windows. The air barrier also increases the acoustic control.
Glasses Used in commercial buildings require maintenance as they may get damaged due to exposure to heat, rain and other natural disastrous situations. There are many other ways glass can get damaged or scratched.
Let us discuss those in detail.
- Weather: Natural forces are more substantial and play a significant role in damaging commercial buildings, especially high-rise buildings. Elements like winds, hail and temperature can weaken the glass.
- Incorrect Washing/Installation: Improper installation may lead to failure. Therefore, look for companies or service providers who are capable of providing professional installation and cleaning services. Cleaning glass is not just about visual appearance dirt can cause pressure points when accumulated. Those pressure points created can cause cracking and shattering. The accumulated residue can scratch the glass too.
- Accidents: Commercial buildings can go through several damages, such as foreign objects can hit the glass and cause damage. Similarly, a bird could fly into the glass panel and damage it.
- Unmaintained Glass damage: A small damage if not repaired on time, may spread and lead to a significant damage. Once the bigger damage is done, the glass needs complete replacement. Therefore, it is essential to get the small crack repaired on time.
- Vandalism: In commercial buildings, vandalism happens due to offensive or made simply unattractive by the building visitors. It is the most common form of glass damage.
Among many glass scratch removal system, One of the best ways to remove scratches from glass is by applying metal polish. Applying too much may damage the glass even more. Hence, Let the professionals help you complete the job with proper accuracy and precision.
There are many special glass cleaners available to clean around the scratch or remove them. These tougher substances are used commercially to remove some of the toughest scratches easily from the glass.
The glass scratch is too deep it may not completely get vanished, but specialist glass repair systems with some professional help can smoothen the surface.
Ars is a well-known repair and refurbishment service provider in the UK. They are known to deliver their service on time with full dedication and honesty. They offer services like cladding and coating, on-site spray painting, glass repair service and much more. To know more about their service and work done visit their website today.