I’ll briefly describe the contents of the following article. Starting with booting, we’ll then move to BIOS and the Boot Menu. Then, we’ll discover how to open the ASUS laptop Boot Menu as well as how to boot via USB and how to disable or enable safe boot.
What is Booting?
Booting is the act that loads memory onto the central processor (CPU) when we press the power button. This can be performed either by the hardware of the CPU or an independent processor within the PC.
What is the Boot Menu?
In the intro part we’ve seen an idea of the things that the boot menu is able to accomplish. It has numerous other applications, e.g. you can choose which way you want to connect to your operating system if you’re running 2 operating systems.
How do I access BIOS? How do I gain access to the settings of Asus BIOS?
The BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is a software that runs on the microprocessor to turn on the computer once it’s powered up. BIOS controls the flow of data across the Operating System and all hardware such as the mouse, keyboard and the hard disk.
When the power button is activated, press the F2 Key to open to the Asus BIOS.
What is Boot Sequence?
Boot Order Boot Order commonly referred to as a boot sequence permits the computer to examine all devices, which includes USB & Hard Disk, where the operating system’s boot files are kept. It also specifies the order or sequence of devices to be inspected. BIOS settings are able to modify to alter the Boot Order.
How can I access the start menu of Asus Laptops?
1. As your laptop is powered on, pressing the F8 key on your Keyboard.
2. Use the Arrow keys to navigate to the appropriate boot menu. You must save your settings prior to you leave from the menu for boot.
How can activate the boot menu F12 on Asus Laptops?
F12’s boot menu enables your computer to open the boot menu by pressing keys F12. Here’s how to enable the F12 boot menu on Asus laptops.
1. To access the boot menu, pressing the F8 key on your keyboard following the power button is released.
2. Use the right key in order to go to the menu bar.
3. Click the down arrow to open an F12 menu to boot.
4. Press Enter to change from disabled to enabled.
5. Save the changesand close in the boot menu.
Asus Boot using USB
The order of boot on every laptop will be set by default to the hard disk. To boot via USB it is necessary to alter the priority of boot orders in BIOS’s boot order listing so that it is set to USB rather than the hard drive.
How can I alter the boot order?
1. Turn off your laptop.
2. To get into the BIOS, hold the F2 key at the same time following the time your PC or laptop is turned on.
3. Navigate to the Boot menu by pressing the Arrow keys.
4. Use the upward and downward arrow keys to change the priority of the boot. (Insert the USB target option first in the list.)
5. Close the setting tool. Save your modifications and close BIOS.
Do I start using USB?
This will enable the user to reboot via USB.
1. Connect the USB drive to your Asus laptop.
2. To access the BIOS menu, switch on your laptop and simultaneously pressing the F2 button.
3. Navigate to your boot order and select the USB choice priority on the priority lists for your boot.
4. Save changes and close BIOS.
Asus Secure Boot
- Secure Boot shields your laptops from harmful software and illegal media files as they boot up.
- Secure Boot is an option that permits authorized operating systems to start up on your computer. You can alter the certificates it uses to allow the operating systems to boot on your computer.
- You can enable/disable secure boot using BIOS settings.
How can I deactivate Secure Boot?
1. Turn off your Asus laptop.
2. Turn it on, and then press F2 to activate the BIOS.
3. Use the arrow keys to navigate through Security.
4. Use the down arrow to select the option to set your Supervisor password. Next, press Enter.
5. Enter the password and click Enter.
6. Click on the right arrow key in order to pick Boot.
7. Select Secure Boot by pressing the down Arrow button. Next, press Enter.
8. Disable it and then press Enter.
9. Click on yes by pressing F10.
2021 Laptop from ASUS booting via USB
The ASUS laptops, including Zenbook Prime, the K Series, Zenbook as well as Zenbook Prime are excellent computers for use with an operating system USB after you’ve enabled the ability to boot using USB.
This method will be used to the majority of Asus laptops that were manufactured between 2010 and the present.
1) Switch off your PC, then disconnect the usb boot drive.
2) Switch on your PC, the black screen will display the message ‘Press __ to start configuration’ or ‘Press”__” to enter BIOS’
for an Asus laptop, the keyboard should be F2 or DEL
3) Utilizing your cursor keys select BOOT. The the UEFI setting needs to be set to Disabled and Bios/Legacy.
4) Make sure to update to include USB Drives in the Boot choices to allow USB drives5) Save and Exit.
When the computer is off and on, connect your usb boot driveand switch to your PC, and it should then boot to the usbI can’t get into BIOS setup on Windows 10?
Shut down the device, unplug it and wait for 10 minutes. Reconnect it and then restart the machine and use the command to start loading your BIOS.
Hold down Shift to switch off the system – keep pressing it until it’s all the down.
Give it a minute perhaps.
Press the Bios entry key (such as F2) and then turn on the system.
What can I do to get started in the BIOS process with no restart? How to begin BIOS without restarting the computer
Go to Section >Settings.
Open and search for >Update and Security.
Select the menu option >Recovery.
Under the Advance start section, select > Restart now.
If you are in the recovery mode choose and open > Troubleshoot.
Select >Advance option.
Select the UEFI Firmware Options.
What can I do to upgrade the BIOS of my Asus BIOS?
To Update the BIOS using Internet:
Select the Advanced Mode in the BIOS set-up program.
Select by Internet.
Utilize the Left/Right Arrow keys for selecting the Internet mode of connection, then hit “Enter”.
Follow the instructions on the screen to finish this update.
Start the computer once the update process has been completed.
What can I do to determine what is Windows 10 is virtualization enabled? If you are running Windows 10 or Windows 8 operating system, the most efficient method to determine this is opening Task Manager, Performance tab. You should be able to see Virtualization as in the screenshot below. If it is on, it indicates that your CPU is able to support Virtualization and is enabled in BIOS.
Apart from this if you are interested to know about technology field then visit our tech category